May 9, 2017
Host Gerald Everett Jones and his co-hosts Cheyenne Cockrell and
Thomas Page have a roundtable discussion of “Dystopian and
Post-Apocalyptic Fiction.” They cover questions, including:
- What's the definition of Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic?
- What topics are included in this genre (worst-case political
scenarios, cautionary tales, unintended consequences, day after
Armageddon or The Rapture, worldwide pandemic, meteor impacts,
aliens, and climate disaster)?
- Are these stories just variations on Horror?
- Can we think about these as simulations, or lessons
- Is humanity's superior trait adaptability or intelligence?
- Are these books trying to help us, or avoid something-- or just
give us a thrill by exploiting our worst fears?
And, as ever, there's lots of advice on how to get published,
including the support resources at our website getpublishedradio.com.
This episode airs on Hella Radio, KNNN-FM 87.7 Redding,